How the Carpet Calculator works
Use our clever Carpet Calculator to estimate the cost of carpets, laminate or vinyl flooring. Here’s how:
- Measure the widest part of your room in metres and type this figure into the top box opposite
- In the next box, enter the length of the room
- Select the cost of the flooring you’ve chosen from the drop down menu
- Press Calculate and hey presto! The approximate cost of your new carpet is displayed in the lower box.
We’ve made a few assumptions
- We’ve assumed that you’re using a tape measure that measures in metres rather than feet.
- You need to measure the widest (and longest) part of the room, to include any bay windows, under stairs spaces or door recesses that need to be carpeted.
- We recommend adding 10cm to the width and length measurements, as the carpet will need to be trimmed to fit perfectly
- Remember this estimate doesn’t include the cost of underlay, gripper and fittings. Once you’ve chosen your underlay, you can use the Carpet Calculator to estimate the cost in the same way.
Need some help? Ask us about our Free Home Visit for a final cost.